"Security: From Theory to Practice"
The first Workshop, organized in conjunction with RCD-2015, will be held on September 24, in Bucharest. The event will bring together an interdisciplinary group of researchers and practitioners from the the security field and will offer a platform for discussion and further exploration of security topics discussed at RCD. In particular, the workshop will focus on practical aspects of secure systems implementation.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Side channel attacks and countermeasures
- Intrusion detection systems
- Secure web development
- Secure mobile development
- Trusted computing
- Social engineering attacks
- Experiences implementing secure protocols
- Jasvir Nagra, Google, "Building a false-positive free scanner for reproducible web vulnerabilities"
- Viktor Galliard, Galliard Engineering, "Device-independent security vs. trust"
- Patrick Schaller, ETH Zurich, "Security Challenges for Modern Web-Applications"
- Mike Hearn, Vinumeris, "Challenges in securing digital cash"
- Tudor Dumitras, University of Maryland, "Vulnerability disclosure in the age of social media: Exploiting Twitter for predicting real-world exploits”
- Incze Arpad, 1 Decembrie 1918 University of Alba Iulia, "Socio-economical aspects of cyber criminality. Education against cyber crime"
The submission should include a talk abstract and a short speaker’s bio.